The House of MASH are seeking play / youth workers to join our team of trainee workshop leaders to inspire fun, play and spread circus love.
You may have an interest in ground circus skills, or you may be new to circus with a keen interest in adapting how you play. You may be an aerialist and seeking new training opportunities to diversify your skills. You must have experience of working with young people, leading groups and have an enthusiastic, fun, engaging approach. You bring the fun, we’ll train you with the skills.
The training will happen over a three month period ‘on the job’ and through day long intensives. All training is paid and after the training period we will invite you to an evaluation and feedback session and at this point we hope you’ll become a permanent part of MASH moving forward.
We will invite interviewees into a 3 hour training workshop which will happen in Kings Heath on Sunday 16th April 2023 from 10am.
You will join in with circus activity and be required to lead a 10 minute game with young people. This doesn’t have to be a circus, but it must be engaging, fun and energetic.
There will be a 30 minute interview after the workshop.
As a trainee you will be paid £12 / hour for your first three months with us.
You must be available for the introduction training day, foundation ground class on Monday’s from 5.30 – 6.30pm (for 10 weeks) and some Friday’s from 7.30-8.30pm.
You will also need to be available for at least one ‘on the job’ school workshop training on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday each week.
- Introduction Training Day: 28th April 2023 (10am – 4pm)
- Foundation Ground Class: Mondays (5.30pm – 6.30pm) (10 Weeks)
- Working with SEND Adults: Fridays (7.30pm – 8.30pm) with Windswept Workshops (10 Weeks)
- Learning how to teach circus in schools (10 Weeks)
Training sessions available on Monday’s, Tuesday’s & Thursdays from 3.15pm – 4.15pm
- There will be free training space available a few times a week should you want to continue developing your skills.
Your training will include: Circus skills, Inspiring youth and adults to ‘achieve their Impossible’, understanding & managing energy, crowd building, workshop structure, finding your inner clown inclusivity, best practice and more.
Interview & Training Dates
- Workshop Interview: 16th April 2023 (10am)
- Introduction Leader Training: 28th April 2023 (10am-4pm)
- Working with SEND Adults: 5th May – 7th July (7.30-8.30pm) Friday’s
- July School Workshop Training ‘on the job’: 1st May – 3rd (3.15pm – 4.15pm Monday, Tuesday or Thursday)
- Feedback & Evaluation will take place week commencing 10th July.
What are the opportunities and fee’s after my training?
While training we will pay you £12/hour.
Once you have completed the three months we will have a conversation about moving forward where rates will be:
Hourly: £35 – £45 / hour
Half Day Rate: £125
Full Day Rate: £150
*There may be other opportunities to get involved as a coach or assistant coach at our classes at CircusMASH which are £15-£22ph.
You must have experience working with young people.
You must be able to inspire individuals through play, be silly and unafraid.
Be comfortable ‘finding your inner clown’. Don’t worry… we’ll help you find them.
Be prepared to help with the get in and get out and willing to pitch in.
Be available for the training and enthusiastic about a future working with us!